Terms And Conditions Of Sale
Ridge Tool Company is herein referred to as “Ridge and/or Seller” and the customer or person or entity purchasing goods or services (hereinafter collectively referred to as “Goods”) is referred to as the “Buyer”. These Terms and Conditions, any price list or schedule, quotation, acknowledgment or invoice from Ridge relevant to the sale of the Goods and all documents incorporated by specific reference therein, constitute the complete and exclusive statement of the terms of the agreement governing the sale of Goods by Ridge to Buyer. Buyer’s acceptance of the Goods will manifest Buyer’s assent to these terms and conditions without variation or addition. Any different or additional terms in Buyer’s purchase order or other Buyer documents are hereby objected to. Ridge reserves the right in its sole discretion to refuse orders.
1. PRICES AND TAXES: Unless a fixed price is quoted, the price at which this order is accepted is subject to adjustment to Ridge’s price in effect at the time of order. Any current or future tax or governmental charge (or increase in same) affecting Seller’s costs or production, sale or delivery or which Seller is otherwise required to pay or collect in connection with the sale, purchase, delivery, storage, processing, use or consumption of Goods (but excluding any tax on Seller’s net income or profit) shall be for Buyer’s account and shall be added to the price.
2. TERMS OF PAYMENT: Terms are stated on Ridge’s invoice in U.S. currency. Ridge shall have the right, among other remedies, either to terminate this agreement or to suspend further performance under this and/or other agreements with the Buyer in the event Buyer fails to make any payment when due, which other agreements Buyer and Seller hereby amend accordingly, or Ridge otherwise deems itself insecure. Buyer shall be liable for all expenses, including attorneys’ fees, relating to the collection of past due amounts. Should Buyer’s financial responsibility become unsatisfactory to Ridge, cash payments or security satisfactory to Ridge may be required by Ridge for future deliveries and for the goods theretofore delivered. If such cash payment or security is not provided, in addition to Ridge’s other rights and remedies, Ridge may discontinue deliveries.
3. SHIPMENT AND DELIVERY: Unless otherwise expressly provided, shipments are made F.O.B. Ridge’s shipping point. Risk of loss or damage and responsibility shall pass from Ridge to Buyer upon delivery to and receipt by common carrier. Any claims for shortages or damages suffered in transit are the responsibility of Buyer and shall be submitted by the Buyer directly to the carrier. Shortages or damages must be acknowledged and signed for at the time of delivery. While Ridge will use all reasonable commercial efforts to maintain the delivery date(s) acknowledged or quoted by Ridge, all shipping dates are approximate and not guaranteed. Ridge reserves the right to make partial shipments. Ridge, at its option, shall not be bound to tender delivery of any Goods for which Buyer has not provided shipping instructions. If the shipment of the Goods is postponed or delayed by Buyer for any reason, Buyer agrees to reimburse Ridge for any and all handling and storage costs and other additional expenses resulting therefrom. All claims for shipping errors, lost shipments or any other discrepancies must be made within ninety (90) days or they will be disallowed and deemed waived. Risk of loss and legal title to the Goods shall transfer to Buyer for sales in which the end destination of the Goods is outside of the United States immediately after the Goods have passed beyond the territorial limits of the United States
4. RIDGE WARRANTY: RIDGE covers its products with a LIFETIME WARRANTY against defects in material or workmanship for the life of the tool. Pipe or drain cleaning tools, rods and cable, are not covered by this warranty and are considered expendable material. To take advantage of this warranty, the complete product must be delivered prepaid to RIDGE TOOL COMPANY or any RIDGID Independent SERVICE CENTER. Pipe wrenches and other hand tools should be returned to place of purchase. This warranty shall not apply to any Goods including but not limited to which:
(a) Have been repaired or altered outside Ridge’s factory (or Independent Service Center) or in any manner so as, in Ridge’s judgment, to affect its serviceability or proper operation.
(b) Have been subjected by persons other than Ridge (or Independent Service Center) to improper handling, operation, maintenance, repair or alteration.
(c) Have been subjected to normal wear and tear, misuse, negligence, improper installation or accident.
Ridge’s obligation under this warranty, and the Buyer’s exclusive remedy for the breach thereof, shall be limited to, at Ridge’s option, repair or replacement of any allegedly defective Goods or issuance of credit. Ridge requires the return of any allegedly defective Goods, transportation prepaid, before honoring any claim. All returned Goods are subject to inspection, and if examination does not disclose any defect covered by this warranty, replacement of such Goods or issuance of credit for same will not be approved.
THE FOREGOING CONSTITUTES RIDGE’S SOLE WARRANTY RESPONSIBILITY AND BUYER’S EXCLUSIVE REMEDY WHETHER SOUNDING IN TORT, CONTRACT, STRICT LIABILITY OR OTHERWISE, EXCEPT AS OTHERWISE EXPRESSLY SET FORTH IN THIS AGREEMENT. THERE ARE NO OTHER WARRANTIES, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, WHETHER OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR OTHERWISE. No employee, agent, dealer, or other person is authorized to give any warranty on behalf of Ridge.
This warranty extends only to persons or organizations who purchase the Goods from Ridge for resale.
5. LIMITATION OF REMEDY AND LIABILITY: THE SOLE AND EXCLUSIVE REMEDY FOR BREACH OF ANY WARRANTY HEREUNDER SHALL BE LIMITED TO REPAIR, CORRECTION, REPLACEMENT OR CREDIT UNDER SECTION 4.
RIDGE SHALL NOT BE LIABLE FOR DAMAGES CAUSED BY DELAY IN PERFORMANCE, AND IN NO EVENT, REGARDLESS OF THE FORM OF THE CLAIM OR CAUSE OF ACTION (WHETHER BASED IN CONTRACT, INFRINGEMENT, NEGLIGENCE, STRICT LIABILITY, OTHER TORT OR OTHERWISE), SHALL RIDGE’S LIABILITY TO BUYER AND/OR ITS CUSTOMERS EXCEED THE PRICE PAID BY BUYER FOR THE SPECIFIC GOODS GIVING RISE TO THE CLAIM OR CAUSE OF ACTION, AND BUYER SHALL INDEMNIFY RIDGE FOR ANY DAMAGES IN EXCESS THEREOF. BUYER AGREES THAT IN NO EVENT SHALL RIDGE’S LIABILITY TO BUYER AND/OR ITS CUSTOMERS INCLUDE SPECIAL, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, CONSEQUENTIAL OR PUNITIVE DAMAGES OF ANY CHARACTER IN CONNECTION WITH THE SALE, RESALE OR USE OF THE GOODS, WHICH ARE WAIVED BY BUYER AND AS TO WHICH BUYER SHALL INDEMNIFY RIDGE. The term “consequential damages” shall include, but not be limited to, loss of anticipated profits, business interruption, loss of use of revenue, cost of capital or loss of or damage to property, equipment, or data, or loss of reputation. Further, Buyer shall indemnify and hold Ridge harmless from any liability to Buyer, Buyer’s employees, workers, contractors or any other persons arising out of Buyer’s, and any other persons’, use of the Goods. All instructions and warnings supplied by Ridge will be passed on to those persons who use the Goods. Ridge’s Goods are to be used in their recommended applications and all warning labels adhered to the Goods by Ridge shall be left intact.
6. EXCUSE OF PERFORMANCE (FORCE MAJEURE): Ridge shall not be liable for delays in performance or for non-performance due to acts of God; acts of Buyer; war; fire; flood; weather; sabotage; strikes, labor disputes, civil disturbances or riots; governmental requests, restrictions, allocations, laws, regulations, orders or actions; unavailability of or delays in transportation; default of suppliers; or unforeseen circumstances or events beyond Ridge’s reasonable control. Deliveries or other performance may be suspended for an appropriate period or cancelled by Ridge upon notice to Buyer in the event of any of the foregoing, but the balance of this agreement shall otherwise remain unaffected. If Ridge determines that its ability to supply the total demand for the Goods, or to obtain material used directly or indirectly in the manufacture of the Goods, is hindered, limited or made impracticable due to causes set forth herein, Ridge may allocate its available supply of the Goods or such material (without obligation to acquire other supplies of any such Goods or materials) among itself and its purchasers on such basis as Ridge determines to be equitable without liability for any failure of performance which may result therefrom.
7. CHANGES: Ridge reserves the right to change designs and specifications for standard Goods without prior notice to Buyer, but not with respect to custom Goods being made for Buyer. Ridge shall have no obligation to install or make such change in any Goods manufactured prior to the date of such change.
8. ASSIGNMENT: Buyer shall not assign its rights or delegate its duties hereunder or any interest herein without the prior written consent of Ridge, and any such assignment, without such consent, shall be void.
9. INSTALLATION: Buyer shall be responsible for receiving, inspecting, testing, storing, installing, starting up and maintaining all Goods.
10. INSPECTION/TESTING: Buyer, at its expense, agrees that it will promptly inspect the Goods upon receipt thereof, and in no event later than thirty (30) days from the date of receipt of the Goods. Buyer shall deliver to Ridge within fifteen (15) days of inspection, but in no event later than forty-five (45) days from the date of receipt of the Goods, written notice of any and all deficiencies, defects, variations from specifications or complaints of any kind with respect to the quantity, quality, condition, shipment, performance, price or appearance of the Goods so received by Buyer. In the event no such written notice is received by Ridge, Buyer shall be deemed conclusively to have inspected and accepted all such Goods unconditionally and to have waived any and all rights and claims, including without limitation any right to reject the Goods or to claim damages in respect thereof. Buyer may not return goods without first advising Ridge of the reasons therefore, obtaining from Ridge a material authorization number and observing such instructions as Ridge may give in authorizing such return.
11. SERVICES: If this agreement requires Ridge to perform or provide any services, Ridge (including without limitation its successors, assigns, agents or any person or entity acting at Ridge’s direction) shall not be responsible for any damages, claims, liabilities or expenses of any nature arising out of such services.
12. U.S. EXPORT CONTROL LAWS: All Goods sold to Buyer by Ridge hereunder are subject to U.S. Export Control Laws. Buyer hereby agrees not to re-sell or divert any goods contrary to such laws.
12. SELLER’S COMPLIANCE: Seller shall comply with all applicable federal, state or local laws, rules, regulations, or orders. Seller/Contractor shall comply with Executive Order 11246, as amended by Executive Order 11375, and the applicable provisions of the Office of Federal Contract Compliance Programs (OFCCP), 41 CFR Part 60, which are incorporated herein by this reference.
14. MISCELLANEOUS: These terms and conditions supersede all other communications, negotiations and prior oral or written statements regarding the subject matter hereof. No change, modification, rescission, discharge, abandonment, or waiver of these terms and conditions shall be binding upon Ridge unless made in writing and signed on its behalf by its duly authorized representative. No conditions, usage or trade, course of dealing or performance, understanding or agreement purporting to modify, vary, explain, or supplement these terms and conditions shall be binding unless hereafter made in writing and signed by Seller. No modification shall be effected by Ridge’s receipt or acceptance of Buyer’s purchase orders, shipping instruction forms, of other documentation containing terms at variance with or in addition to those set forth herein, all of which are objected to by Ridge. Any such modifications or additional terms are specifically rejected by Ridge. No waiver by Ridge with respect to any breach or default of any right or remedy and no course of dealing, shall be deemed to constitute a continuing waiver of any other breach or default of any other right or remedy, unless such waiver be expressed in writing and signed by Ridge. All typographical or clerical errors made by Ridge in any quotation, acknowledgment or publication are subject to correction. Validity and performance relating to the interpretation and effect of this agreement shall be governed by the laws of the state of Ohio without regard to its conflict of law principles.
15. DISPUTE RESOLUTION: In the event of any dispute INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, BREACH OF CONTRACT, BREACH OF WARRANTY, CLAIMS BASED IN TORT, NEGLIGENCE, PRODUCT LIABILITY, FRAUD, MARKETING, STATE OR FEDERAL REGULATIONS, ANY CLAIMS REGARDING THE ENFORCEABILITY OF THIS LIMITED WARRANTY, AND THE WAIVER OF CLASS ACTION TRIALS between Buyer and Seller, either may choose to resolve the dispute by binding arbitration, as described below, instead of in court. THIS MEANS IF EITHER BUYER OR SELLER CHOOSE BINDING ARBITRATION, NEITHER PARTY SHALL HAVE THE RIGHT TO LITIGATE SUCH CLAIM IN COURT OR HAVE A JURY TRIAL. DISCOVERY AND APPEAL RIGHTS ARE LIMITED IN BINDING ARBITRATION. Buyer and Seller agree that the proper venue if Arbitration is not so chosen by Buyer or Seller of all actions arising in connection herewith shall be only in the state of Ohio and the parties agree to submit to such jurisdiction. No action, regardless of form, arising out of transactions relating to the agreement, may be brought by either party more than two (2) years after the cause of action has accrued. The U.N. Convention on Contracts for the International Sales of Goods shall not apply to this agreement.
16. CLASS ACTION WAIVER: BINDING ARBITRATION MUST BE ON AN INDIVIDUAL BASIS. THIS MEANS NEITHER BUYER NOR SELLER MAY JOIN OR CONSOLIDATE CLAIMS IN ARBITRATION BY OR AGAINST OTHERS, OR LITIGATE IN COURT OR ARBITRATE ANY CLAIMS AS A REPRESENTATIVE OR MEMBER OF A CLASS OR IN A PRIVATE ATTORNEY GENERAL CAPACITY.
ADMINISTRATION OF ARBITRATION: The binding arbitration must be administered by the American Arbitration Association (“AAA”) in accordance with its Commercial Arbitration Rules and/or Supplementary Procedures for Consumer-Related Disputes (including proceedings to mitigate costs of travel). This binding arbitration is governed by the Federal Arbitration Act (“FAA”) (9 USC §1, et. seq.) and will govern the interpretation and enforcement. The binding arbitration shall be held at a location determined by AAA or at such other location as mutually agreed. In addition to the terms stated above, the following will apply to the binding arbitration: (1) the arbitrator, and not any federal, state, or local court or agency, will have exclusive authority to resolve any dispute relating to the interpretation, applicability, enforceability or formation of this Agreement including any claim that all or any part of this Agreement is void or voidable; (2) the arbitrator shall apply Ohio law consistent with the FAA.